photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Under the Cuff

How to style blunt bangs by House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

Wearing my hair down is sort of my M.O. I feel most comfortable that way, and due to my thick mane, I struggle with putting my hair up in those effortless styles that require me to watch YouTube hair tutorials. I'm NOT kidding. As much as I want to be one of those girls, I lack the talent to whip up chic updos.


L. Erickson Speakeasy Pony Cuff | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

Looking to add something different to my style routine, I decided to start off with a simple and classic hairstyle: The ponytail. I pulled my hair back, and used a rat comb to give the crown a slightly raised look. Easy peasy. 

But, an ordinary hair band won't do. 

The pony cuff features an elastic to secure your hair. Then, the decorative cuff opens to fit around the band, turning this ponytail into a House Of Jeffers certified hairstyle. C'mon - you know I love my accessories! I can't wait to try a high ponytail with the cuff!

How to wear black and white prints together | House Of Jeffers

Studded Flats for Spring | House Of Jeffers, a fashion blogger from New Jersey


As for my outfit, since Mother Nature is still giving us a big "up yours", my winter clothes haven't been packed away. This cropped blazer from H&M gives my colored pants an extra punch thanks to the modern geometric print. And yes, you can wear two black and white prints at once. The French Connection sweater, which I scored at Nordstrom for $24 on the sale rack, hits at the same length as the cropped blazer for a somewhat preppy look. The library is open, people.



Cropped Blazer - H&M / Black and White Striped Cropped Sweater - French Connection (purchased at Nordstrom) / Peach Jeans - Forever 21 / Studded Smoking Flats - Bakers (Mine are 2 years old, but these studded flats from ASOS are equally chic / A-List Grommet Satchel - c/o Henri Bendel / L. Erickson Speakeasy Pony Cuff - c/o France Luxe

No comments: