photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

All You Need Is Love

One sight I wanted to see in person during my trip to Philly was the LOVE Statue. Designed by Robert Indiana in 1976, the statue is located in Love Park near JFK Plaza. I knew there was a replica in NYC but had yet to see one up close. I couldn't leave without a few shots of this iconic piece of art.




Sitting among the statue were people seeking refuge from the heat, dipping their feet in the spouting fountain among the plaza. The atmosphere surrounding the park was filled with smiles as couples stepped up to the statue to take a photo together... a fitting gesture.


Outfit:
Purple racerback tank - Madewell
Grey skirt - Forever21
Gladiator sandals - Target
Bag - Primark



While taking some pictures, mist from the water sprayed in the air - and I couldn't help but feel a little silly, but in a good way. Although this may just be a piece of art to some, for me it a reminder to celebrate the things and people I love. And now, I get to have fun memories of my trip to Philly - especially the time I stood by LOVE... with my love.

4 comments:

Cinderella's Closet said...

You look radiant in purple, love your outfit. You make Philly look fun and you lovebirds look adorable together :)

I'm debating whether to wear pants or a dress tomorrow.

xoxo

Cinderella's Closet NYC

Anonymous said...

That is too cute, I have always wanted to take pictures there too! And the outfit is perfect for a hot day!

Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

caramellitsa said...

this is the cutest post!!!

kisses <3

Kitsune-kun said...

Thanks very much! looks like a fun place to visit!