photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, June 24, 2011

Fashion & NJ - Is that an oxymoron?

When I heard there was a fashion show being held at the W Hotel in Hoboken, I had to check it out.

To make attending even more appealing, I met up with Jen from Society's Misfit, a fellow NJ fashion blogger who is such a sweetheart and has great style to boot! Mary of Shopglamarous.com also stopped by, and I also met Carla of Haute Cocktail as well! 

The New Jersey Fashion Week fashion show was inspired by vitaminwater, and featured five designers (Thomas LaVone, Liz Fields, Devon Thomas, Ralph Thurin and event winner Elena Vasilevsky) who created looks based off of their favorite color and flavor! 







I'll say the styles shown were definitely different from what I'm drawn to, but I can appreciate the creativity! And that pink dress (above) from Devon Thomas was gorgeous!

I wore my newly acquired Urban Outfitters dress that I nabbed for $20 bucks (on sale!). While I love the print, the hemline makes this dress so different from anything I own.
Outfit:
Tank dress - Urban Outfitters
Belt - Annie Sez
Shoes - Mandee
Bag - Mandee
Leather cuff


Photo by Society's Misfit

Photo by Society's Misfit



No comments: