photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, July 25, 2011

Women's Mafia Fashionable Fridays: Beauty & Style Gifting Event


On Friday, I battled the 101 heat weather and headed into NYC to meet the lovely ladies of the NYC Fashion Meetup Group for the Women's Mafia Fashionable Fridays: Beauty & Style Gifting Event held at Arrojo Studio in Soho.

The event was one of the best I've attended, with lots of beauty, fashion, goodies and friends! The stylists at Arrojo Studio were on hand to cut, style and create updos or even touch up makeup. Being that I always wanted a fishtail braid, Gardner hooked me up with this fab do that kept me cool yet stylish! I left with a bag filled with products that I've already used. Even master stylist and Arrojo Studio founder, Nick Arrojo, was on hand working his craft.




Nick Arrojo tended to the tresses of his client during the event.
Some of the ladies indulged in a cut or updo...
Guests stepped in front of the camera of Pop-Up-Studio's backdrop to get wild and crazy! This idea is genius, and I wish I knew about it for my wedding!



Outfit:
Animal print dress - Bebe Outlet
Necklace - Mandee
Nail Polish - Forever 21's Love & Beauty in Tomato

The event also featured Lora Condon, author of "Spa Wars: The Ugly Truth About The Beauty Industry", reading excerpts. After hearing one of her gross-out stories of a less-than-pleasant experience, I'm eager to get started reading her book, which she signed for me!


One of my most favorite parts of the event was meeting jewelry designer J. Rudy Lewis. I'm a huge fan of the hand-crafted movement, especially jewelry, and his work was simply impressive! His pieces featured chunky metals, meticulously hand-crafted with gems, stones and even leather. The metal smith was generous to gift attendees with a piece of their own, and I can't wait to show you what I received!



Regardless of the killer weather, I'm so glad I made it out to the event and experienced some of the best in fashion and beauty!




Candy of Taylor & Demolish snapped photos of the event along with fellow blogger Nicole of Black Shoe Diaries.


Sahra of Effortless Cool and me


No comments: