photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, July 18, 2011

Hot Hot Heat

New Jersey has been getting slammed with hot weather this summer. While it's my favorite time of year, when the temperatures are in the high 80s and 90s, it's unbearable. Usually I stay in or stick to indoor outings, but if I can find a super shady area in the park, I'll sit outside and read.

One of my favorite wardrobe pieces for summer are t-shirts. This tee from Urban Outfitters featuring a banged lady with the phrase "Koni-Chiwa" happens to be my favorite. It's a little faded, but the fit is perfect and the cotton is light enough that I don't get too hot.

Outfit:
Crewneck "Konichiwa" tee  - Urban Outfitters
Jersey skirt - Forever 21
Jeffrey Campbell T-strap Mary Janes - Urban Outfitters
Earrings - Forever 21
Leather cuff bracelet - Mandee



My read for the day was Kelly Cutrone's "If You Have To Cry Go Outside," complete with one of the edges eaten away a la my dog, Harley. Reading this book seems appropriate being that I'm now looking for a new job, and Cutrone's sarcastic nuggets of wisdom, sprinkled with unapologetic "tell-it-like-it-is" attitude, is motivating me to chase a career that I truly want instead of just settling.


My accessories might be a little frenetic for the day, but I just bought these earrings the day before, which I'm in love with! And the shoes -  Jeffrey Campbell oldies but goodies. While I might have been a little over accessorized, sometimes it's nice to just doll yourself up!

Glitter Heart Earrings - Forever 21 




No comments: