photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, November 9, 2012

Travel Diary: England Part 1


 


My trip to England went by too fast. I find that every time I visit, my view of the country that has become a second home to me, changes. England is absolutely a different pace than New Jersey. The people. The history. The beauty. And of course, for someone like me, the fashion is just ace.

This trip was absolutely my best visit yet. I've been to London before, but this time I was able to explore some of the other touristy parts, eat some genuine pub food and spend time with some of the people I love.

And let's not forget about the shopping. I can NOT wait to show you some of clothes I picked up along my travels. Let's just say there's studs involved.




The day Mike, myself and my brother and sister-in-law headed to England, it was bright and sunny. The weather was cold, for me, but we had a lot to tackle as we wanted to take in as many sights as we could.





Of course, we had to snap some photos in front of the mother of all tourist attractions, Big Ben! We decided the best way to go was to get on one of those double-decker tour buses... only for the bus to sorta stop at random places along the way. It was getting darker, and we hadn't made our way to anything else besides for Big Ben and the London Eye, so we decided to hop off on Oxford Street (above).

Myself and Mike freezing atop a double-decker bus.

Eventually, the four of us got off at Oxford Street, and spent some time shopping, hitting up Starbucks 14 times, and walking like whoa before catching the tube to Covent Garden from Bond Street for dinner.




The Chanel store in Covent Garden was very tempting... but I didn't go inside.



After walking around for about 6 hours, we made our way to Piccadilly Circus. I've been here before, but being able to see London at night was amazing. There's absolutely a different vibe at night, which I loved.

The final stop on our day in London was back to the London Eye. I did NOT want to go on it. I have an extreme fear of heights, and let's be honest: Being inside a pod on a giant ferris wheel didn't sound like the way I'd like to meet my end (god forbid that should happen). 

But, after being told that I was going on it by my husband and to just "suck it up", I reluctantly did.

I never knew this but you circle the eye in 30 minutes! Seems like a lot longer since the thing is huge. The views were just beautiful!



Check back on Monday for Part 2!

No comments: