photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend Wears: Layered in Peplum

How to style peplum for all body types | House Of Jeffers blog | www.houseofjeffers.com


Any chance to stand in a field and reenact the scene from "The Sound of Music" calls for embarrassing yourself in a park.  That, and when you've finally nailed layering, as I think I've done with this outfit, it's completely acceptable to get crazy giddy in public.

New Jersey Fashion Bloggers| House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

Henri Bendel Stiletto Spike Cuff | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

How to layer peplum tops with tshirts | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

During last Wednesday's #Stylechat on Twitter, I asked the group what they thought about peplum. Some still love it, others feel it's had its moment... and I'm somewhere in the middle. One person mentioned they still like it, but probably wear the pieces they own, but not buy new peplum. I agree with that statement.

Yet, I wanted to wear this sleeveless peplum top from H&M on Sunday, and thought perhaps if I wore a striped, short sleeve tee under it for extra coverage (it was chilly), and contrast, it just might work...

I have to admit - I really, really love how this looks. I've never been good at layering, but this combo was ridiculously easy. I can see this working with a solid t-shirt under it, too.


Accessory Concierge Necklaces | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com


Etienne Aigner Shoes | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com


No comments: