photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, September 19, 2011

A Controlled Experiment: Color Me Pink

Even though it felt like we leapt over September and stepped into October with the cold weekend weather, I managed to squeeze in a day for shorts last week.

Outfit:
Kimono Cardigan - won via ShopSosie.com (similar style here)
Crewneck top - Gap
Pink shorts - Forever 21
Dany platform shoes - Jessica Simpson Collection
Leather satchel - Zara
Pyramid stud bracelets - Forever 21
Sparkling Sage Necklace - Ideeli.com, courtesy of my Lucky FABB credit!

Just like anyone else, I have my own style preferences. But entering fall, I'm trying to step outside my comfort zone in terms of color and pairing outfits that I might otherwise think wouldn't appeal to me. And this means experimenting with everything - from accessories to even my makeup. 

For example, wearing pink. I used to hate the color pink up until a couple years ago. I remember one Christmas, my mother bought me a pink turtleneck sweater. And you know when receive a gift you don't fancy, and you don't want to hurt their feelings so you attempt to fake an appreciative grin? That's what I tried to do, but instead, burst into tears at the thought of a.) a wearing turtleneck and b.) a pink one. (Keep in mind, I was 10.) Lucky for me, my mom is from the school of "if you don't like it, bring it back." 

Yet as I've grown older, I turn toward the cotton candy shade more frequently. Even the top I'm wearing, a dark wine, is becoming my favorite hue for Fall. And the kimono cardigan, I won through a contest on ShopSosie.com! I may not win the lottery, but I have luck when it comes to winning clothes for some reason. Let's hope my karma stays that way!




No comments: