photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, September 2, 2011

Mother Nature's Identity Crisis

I've been enjoying the weather while I still can. As soon as it gets cold, I literally look like a shivering chihuahua and require a cardigan come 7:30 p.m. on a daily basis.


Maybe it's that transitory change of stores turning their offerings to Fall, but I have to say I've been a little underwhelmed. Perhaps I'm being fickle, or it's my unconscious way of shunning the cold weather by refusing to buy sweaters, but I really can't stand the in between weather. I dread the days when the weather is not so hot or cold... and I often end up dressing in the wrong layers and either sweating or/freezing. Mother Nature needs to make up her mind fast, and then stay that way.

Outfit:
Jersey tank dress - H&M
Platform floral mary jane shoes - Forever21
Beaded necklace - Mandee
Beaded cuff - Bought in Antigua on my honeymoon
Rings - gifts from my mother, bought in Cape May, NJ





I'll miss wearing dresses like this when it gets cold. It's a jersey knit, but certainly not warm enough to wear come October. And the maxi dress fad - I'll leave those for tall, lanky chicks with wavy hair. I'll find a way to don my most coveted dresses once a chill sets in... 

No comments: