photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Nicole Miller Runway Show Spring 2012

Ever since I was young, I always wanted to go to a runway show. I think it's something any person who's in love with fashion wants to do. To experience it at Lincoln Center, and just in photographs.


Now, for some of you who've been to one, you'll probably say there's not much to runway shows, and they're over before you know it. And granted, that may be true. But for me, this year's New York Fashion Week allowed me the opportunity to attend my first runway show ever!

Outfit: 
Leopard print dress - Forever 21
Faux leather vest - Mandee
Platform peep toe heels - Nine West
Studded leather bag - Zara


Arm Party (starting from top to bottom)
Leather bracelet - H&M
Zebra bangle - Urban Outfitters
Brass-wrapped horn bangle - courtesy of Kora, find in my Lucky Fabb gift bag
Leather studded bracelet - The Gap
Rings - Forever 21 and a craft fair

Working in the fashion industry, I knew what to expect, but overall, the excitement of being able to attend a show and see it firsthand, was really memorable. 

The Nicole Miller show was a mixture of classic stripes and 80s mosaic patterns, and featured everything from spandex pants, to blazers outfitted with neon stripes ideal for a downtown biker girl with a touch of uptown appeal. The long and short of it: Skinny models walk the runway wearing clothing you'll eventually want/own, to a music soundtrack customized for the show. Celebrities flanked the front rows, and everyone has their iPhones, cameras, mobile devices clutched in their hands at the ready for pictures.






And I loved every minute of it.

Later that night, I attended the first ever Blogger's Night Out. Check back later for my recap of this amazing event!

No comments: