photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Reviving The Classics

Although I'm a girl who wouldn't classify herself as having "classic" style, I do love a lot of old school, traditional things that have been around in fashion for years. And for me, this outfit is a combo of some of em.



Let's start with the mary jane - my shoes have the classic shape but with a modern twist a la a tie and a wedge. Next, women have been sporting animal prints since God knows when. For me, I like color variation on a classic animal print, and the cut is my tee is little boxier than a regular tee. Finally, red lipstick. Though finding the right shade for my skin tone took some time, it's officially inducted into my makeup bag. This classic color goes back as far a Cleopatra, and even Queen Elizabeth I wore the crimson shade. The one I'm wearing came from my visit at Bobbi Brown's Studio in Montclair, NJ (which I'll tell you about later)!

Outfit:
Animal print tee - Forever 21
Grey midi skirt - Aritzia
Mary Jane wedges - Office UK
Spiked leather satchel - Zara
Floral necklace - Accessorize
Arm Party - Henri Bendi Rockstar Wrap Bracelet and Pyramid Studded Bracelet Forever 21


All classic things with modern twists. Eclectic chic, perhaps? Okay, so I'm not re-inviting the wheel but I like to think I have my own unique way of taking dino classics and updating em. That's what I love about fashion blogging... being able to take something that inspires you and rock it your way. Do you, bro. 



1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Love this look!! Super gorgeous! I love your hair!!

xo
Alexandra
www.fashion-feast.com