photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Hipster Elf

Growing up, I always wanted curly hair. I even went as far as getting a perm when I was 12. But, since my hair is so straight, the next morning, it was already out. I tried again, but they never really took... and when they did, I missed my straight locks. Fickle much?

I figured I'd give curls another go, and while it takes me over an hour to achieve the look, I like the results. It's a nice change... a little festive, if you will, for the holidays.


Speaking of the holidays, if I had to pick a Christmas character to dress like, it'd be an elf. I mean, they really are the brains behind the whole operation.

Plus, there's all types of em. Me? I'm hipster elf. My talent in Santa's Workshop would be packing outgoing iPods with playlists and stuffing stockings with thick, black-rimmed glasses.

Outfit:
Plaid button front tunic - Forever 21
Black studded tights - Tarte via Hautelook.com
Black ankle boots - DSW(similiar style here)
Rhinestone statement necklace - Forever 21 (similar style here)
Jade bangle - bought in Chinatown / Rhinestone bracelet - Laila Rowe

Hipster elves dwell in suburban areas and shop at Urban Outfitters. They also like indi-rock, tight pants and often reside in Brooklyn. While I live in New Jersey, I am a fan of the later three. 


And they like jumping in photos, too.

No comments: