photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, December 30, 2011

So long, 2011...

The end of the one year always brings reflections upon the next. And I have to say... 2011 couldn't be gone soon enough. While there were many things that were positive for me, there was one major occurrence that I never saw coming... being laid off from a job three weeks after being hired.

Who does that? 

It threw me for a loop and put me in a situation I never thought I'd be in. I'd searched for a new job and wanted to settle in to a new career, and when I did, they decided to lay people off 3 weeks after I was hired.

I never talked about it on my blog because it was something that hit me hard. I was shocked. You never plan for something like this. I figured I'd just have to move along and try to find the up-side of the situation. And I did. It was my blog.

Blogging keep me busy. It gave me a reason to force myself to be creative...


... and also allowed me to become more involved in a community of other people who love fashion and blogging.

Like the IFB Evolving Influence Conference and Lucky FABB...



Plus, it gave me an excuse to shop, (which in all honesty, I never need an excuse to do), and take up photography again...




So, in the end, it all worked out for the best. I've gotten back to work, and have a lot to look forward to in 2012. And I have my blog to thank for a lot of it - and for all of you for reading House Of Jeffers!

Hope you have great New Year!

No comments: