photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sabre Dance

 

It's obscure movie reference time!

So, if you've seen Pee Wee's Big Adventure, you may remember the most famous scene of all: him, doing a dance on the bar, to the song "Tequila". Well, fun fact No. 1:  the song is by The Champs. Fun fact No. 2: that's what I hear in my head when I put on these shoes. My best attempt at the "Tequila" dance can be seen above.

And, fun fact No. 3: Google the "Sabre Dance." That's also in the movie.

Outfit:
Abstract print top - Forever21
Pinstripe vest - Mandee
Black pants - H&M
C Label Patent Leather Wedge Booties - Lulus.com

Yes, these boots are rather Frankenstein-ish, but when I saw em on Lulus.com, I knew I'd wear the heck out of em. Basic black goes with EVERYTHING... and these puppies have made the rounds in my closet many times. They're my first purchase from the site - and I couldn't be happier.

However, I don't think I'll be wearing them for any holiday celebrations as I've caught so much slack from my family about em'. Then again, maybe I should wear them on purpose to all my family functions!?



Jewelry:
Rings: J Initial Ring - gift from when I turned 12 / Diamond cluster ring - Vintage from my mother's personal collection
Bracelets: Spiked bracelet - Forever 21 / Bow Bracelet - Henry Bendel

No comments: