photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, December 19, 2011

Tighten Up

Holy s!*%, it was cold on Sunday! Definitely the first true day of December weather... I'm not that jazzed about it, but it had to happen at some point.

And sorry folks, but you probably won't see too many dress posts if it's this cold out. 

Usually Sundays are reserved for laid back style, but for me, it means getting to dress up a pair of jeans. The occasion: a drive down to New Brunswick with Mike to watch him coach a soccer game at Rutgers, and grab a Fat Darrell at the grease trucks. Confused? Click the link.... 

Outfit:
Blazer with contrast black lapels - H&M (bought last year - similar style here)
Black knit sweater - Express
Red marble raceback tank - Urban Outfitters
Skinny cigarette jeans - Urban Outfitters
Black and white saddle shoes/flats - Zara
Black studded bag - Primark UK
Gold padlock necklace - Juicy Couture

I left my heels at home and traded em in for a these saddle-esque shoes Mike bought me last Christmas. They're so different from many of the other shoes I own, and they added a little punch to my blazer. I was layered up like a mother, too - racerback tank, black knit sweater AND a blazer. And I was still freezing.

But, I have to say the highlight of my weekend was this festive mani I got on Saturday. Obsessed is an understatement. Super DIY. All you need is a base color and a bottle of Milani Jewel FX glitter nail polish in Gems. And bam! Festive holidays nails on the cheap!

Jewelry:
Two-finger Love ring - Topshop
Bangles - Forever 21 (similar style here)

No comments: