photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, May 14, 2012

Here Comes The Sun


What I'm Wearing:
Neon Roll-Sleeve Blouse - Old Navy (similar style here)
Neon 80s Abstract Mini Skirt - Forever 21
Black Studded Tote - Primark UK
Etienne Aigner Coral Vision Wedges - Marshalls

Oh neon... how I love thee. Let me count the shirts in my closet...

This year, I've really done my best to expand my wardrobe in terms of colors or prints I might not usually pick. My strategy is simple: keep an open mind, and perhaps try garments that I think might look strange on the hanger. Turns out the theory is proving to be successful. I've been using to find new wardrobe options and the results: sometimes things look better on YOU than on the hanger.





Accessories:
Rings - my own
Necklace - ?
Polished Brass Bangle - J. Crew
Gold Chain Bangle - Forever 21
Hammered Geometric Neon Pink Bracelet - Charming Charlie

Take neons for example. Obnoxious? Maybe, but they are great investment pieces. My shirt, from Old Navy, can be worn during multiple seasons due to the roll-tab sleeves, to work or for a night out... and can transition into my winter wardrobe during those blah weather moments.

This is not the last you'll see of these neon colors revived from the 80s. Now that I think of it - this is rather age appropriate being that I'm a child of the 80s.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That top is really nice and I love how you styled it keeping it simple.

Xxoo
Nicole

Jackie aka SnackyJackie said...

Came across your blog while searching for EA vision shoes! LOVE LOVE LOVE the coral pair you have. Jealous lol! Great look, and since you are in northern Jersey where I'm originally from I'll be back! ;-)

Jackie