photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, May 21, 2012

Sea Of Jewels


Some people collect souvenirs as memories. Me? Jewelry is my fashionable symbol of a time and place I can revisit over and over.

My weakness for shiny baubles with a huge punch is no secret. Once I set eyes on Sorrelli's baubles, I was hooked. Their chic and sparkling jewelry reminds me of my grandmother's jewelry box, but with a modern twist. Making a statement in this jewelry is effortless - the sparkle does all the work! Just think of it as wearable memories... 




My grandmother was my very own Elizabeth Taylor. Her collection of earrings, rings for every finger in emeralds and diamonds, and necklaces with oversized faux pearls and glimmering beads was exquisite.

I didn't realize it when I was young, but her jewels, which were passed on to me, really are wearable memories. Most are simple memories of laughing and her smile... and some are of times when we'd open every box, and lay out her jewelry, turning her dresser into a sea of jewels. To be able to look at my hand and carry those times with me today is irreplaceable.

Outfit:
Prank Collar Mint Green Top - Lulus.com
Polka Dot High Low Skirt - Forever 21
Platform Mary Janes - Forever 21
Kristen Satchel - Coach
Rings - my own

Donning a faceted Swarovski Elements crystal necklace with a classic feel and a chunky silver cuff bracelet from the MiMi EOS Collection is my homage to my grandmother - a little bit of her glitz and a dash of my boldness.

No comments: