photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, July 22, 2013

Pops Of Colorblock

what does ootd mean?

Since I can tend to get stuck in my own fashion ways, I believe that you should always try something once... at least. This summer, I've found myself leaving the black on the racks, and picking up colors I can mix for color blocking. While green in shades of mint and evergreen have been on my radar for some time, I've stepped outside my style comfort zone and decided to try incorporating white into my closet.

lulus.com bloggers

White shoes? I accept the challenge!

The perfect opportunity to try my hand at wearing white came with a pair of shoes from Timberland's Earthkeeper's collection*.  And since I love to recycle my clothing, I'm always on the hunt for earth-conscious products. Made with recycled materials that are eco-friendly (including the sole, which is made from recycled rubber!) I slipped them on and immediately realized that while black goes with everything... so does white! I normally would have went with a black shoe, but since black is absolutely within my comfort zone, I wanted to push myself to stay away from it.

It's about time I take the blinders off and do what I've been preaching at times - try new things and think outside of my personal style standards!

How do you break fashion habits outside your norm?

house of jeffers blog


timberland earthkeepers womens shoes
What I Wore:
Green Button Front Cut-Out Top - Lulus.com / Blue Mini Skirt - Forever 21 / No. 7 Quilted Camera Bag - Henri Bendel / Nirvana Ring - c/o Swarovski / Timberland Earthkeeper's Backstrap Sandal - c/o Timberland / Spiked Bracelet - Forever 21 / Blue Rhinestone Bangle - c/o Sequin NY


Financial compensation was not received for this post. A sample product was gifted from Timberland. Opinions expressed here are my own.


No comments: