photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Travel Diary: Dockside in Cape Cod - Day 2

things to do in cape cod | house of jeffers

One of Cape Cod's most notable towns is Hyannis. A beautiful coastal town that offer scenic views, Hyannis has a quaint downtown area that's great for trying out a little bit the cape has to offer - vintage shopping, fresh seafood, boats by the dock and most notable, a historical legacy by John F. Kennedy.

While walking on Main Street in Hyannis, you'll find everything from souvenirs to shrimp, and can walk the Kennedy Historical Trail. There's even a JFK Museum. We didn't go inside, but there's a great statue of JFK. Of course, my main motivation was to shop.


hyannis ma shopping

If I had a patio, I'd hang these nautical knots everywhere!

black cat hyannis ma cape cod

By day three of our trip, I had yet to eat any local seafood. However, I found my scallop fix at the Black Cat Tavern. It's located directly across from Hyannis Harbor, so you can take in waterfront views while enjoying local fare. It's about a 10 minute walk from Main Street, but the views alone are worth it.


hyannis harbor | house of jeffers

travel diary: what to do in cape cod

While I do consider myself to be a city girl, I've always loved being waterside. In New Jersey, we seem to gravitate towards the beach and the ocean in the summer... I guess it's because we're locked up inside during the winter.

It's a huge tradition here in the Garden State, and while I can see boats anytime, there's just something so soothing about Cape Cod's harbors and beaches.  I never did make it to the beach on this trip because of the weather. However, that didn't stop me from having my "king of the world" ... and potentially, losing my shoes in the water while sitting on the dock.

www.houseofjeffers.com


nj fashion bloggers | house of jeffers
What I Wore:
Mint Green V-Neck Tee - Gap / Floral Print Skirt - Forever 21 / Black Tights - Target / Black & White Mod Satchel - Primark / Black Sunglasses - Urban Outfitters / Alex and Ani November Birthstone Charm Bracelet / NYC New York Color Ultra Last Lipwear - Blue Rose 405 



No comments: