photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, July 8, 2013

Travel Diary: Vacation in Cape Cod - Day 1

cape cod beaches | house of jeffers

I'm back from my Cape Cod vacation! The week went by too fast, but Mike and I enjoyed having some away time from home's routines and surroundings. I'll be bringing you a recap of everything I did all week, so keep checking back! And thanks to my guest bloggers, Margo and Deanne, for helping me while I was away!

One thing I will say is that the weather during my vacation was.... disappointing. It was overcast and/or raining everyday we were in Cape Cod... except the day we left (of course). However, I'm thankful to have had some time off!

We arrived on Saturday, which was a washout. With Sunday's weather predicted to be gloomy, we decided we'd need to venture outside of South Yarmouth, where we were staying, and visit another town.

Plymouth is about a 45 minute drive from Yarmouth, and is home of the historical Plymouth Rock and all that Pilgram jazz. We started by stopping by the docks to see the Mayflower II, a replica of the original ship, but, it was out for repairs. It wasn't that warm, so I opted to wear jeans and a tank to be comfortable. However, the town itself is so pretty. 


house of jeffers summer style



visit plymouth rock | house of jeffers

Yes, you can actually see the Plymouth Rock here. Wait for it... It's a rock with an inscription on it. Um, yeah. 

A view of the first church built by the Pilgrims. 

plimouth plantation

Since the weather wasn't beach-worthy, we decided to visit Plimouth Plantation (and yes, it is really spelled that way). It was on our list to do last time we visited. The grounds replicate what life was like for the Wampanoag Indians and early 17th century settlers - right down to the huts made from tree bark, and the tour guides in full character!


After a day of history, we headed back to hotel for some local Cape Cod lobster! 

Next stop, Hyannis!


No comments: