photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, June 20, 2014

British Bits: Nail Polish Brands from the UK

Some of my favorite nail polish brands are stationed across the pond in the UK. Yup, add that to one of the many things I love about England - kick ass nail varnish.

Perhaps you're already painting your digits with lovely colours based out of England, you didn't even know it! 

If you're on the market for some cheeky new shades for summer, dabble in these brands for a true London girl experience.

Ciate



Created by London artist Charlotte Knight, Ciate gets all cutesy on you by not calling their bottles polishes... but paint pots. The brand prides itself on producing inspiring colors that align with today's latest fashion trends.

A favorite at Sephora, some of Ciate's most popular kits include Chalkboard Nails and Caviar Nails. I received an adorable kit during Christmas featuring 6 glitter polishes and I can say that they are honestly the best glitter polishes I've used. The polishes are just the right consistency, needing just 2 coats each, and when it's time to remove, I didn't struggle cleaning my nails.

My pick: Ciate Beach House Collection - 5 shades of beach-worthy colors that will make your digits ready for summer! Available here! 


Wah Nails



Wah Nails Founder Sharmadean Reid is my nail art savior. This sassy lass put nail art on the map way before it comes a household trend. 

It's on my bucket list to have my nails done at the Wah Nails Topshop location in London someday. In the meantime, I've turned the pages of her book, The Wah Nails Book of Nail Art, over and over again as a reference for inspiration and tutorials. Another version in the series was released featuring Downtown Girls nail art. If you are serious about learning how to trick out your nails with no-ordinary designs, you need this book.


Nail Rock



More of a nail wrap gal? Nail Rock wraps from Rock Beauty London, come straight from across the pond to your neighborhood drugstore and stores like Urban Outfitters. From simple metallic solids to abstract prints and feminine flourishes, these nail wraps are oh-so-perfect for those who don't have a steady hand (or patience) to paint your own designs, but love the look perfectly primed nails. I've used a bunch of their wraps and would highly recommend hunting them down, too!

Other UK nail polish brands:

Butter London
Nails, Inc.
Barry M.
Liz Earle

No comments: