photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, June 13, 2014

Color Me Unique - My Julep Dream Nail Polish Color

Have nail polish. Will paint.

That pretty describes my obsession with nail art and colors. The colors, the glitters, the decals... I can get lost in my nail polish collection for hours. And often spend 2 nights of the week changing my manicure.

So, when Julep, (yes, that Julep) asked me what my custom color would be, I became giddy with excitement! Having my own nail polish color has been an absolute dream of mine, and for years I've been lusting over the perfect purple that represents me.

One of the things that I love about Julep is how they name their nail polish colors after women who inspire them (check out Julep's latest assortment of colors here).  Plus, the fact that you sign up to get new nail polish sent to you every month is genius.

Since the color would be true to my style, and to me, I'd call it Color Me Unique.




The name: Color Me Unique

The color: A wild purple with a hint of fuchsia. The best of both worlds if you ask me.

The inspiration: Mother Nature and a stunning fringe leather bag from Gucci. Both are a play on pink and purple, but on the darker, edgier side.

 


Plus, how could I not call upon my penchant for British royal jewels and lush lace that's fit for a queen as part of my inspiration? Talk about queen jewels....


The quote: Carolina Herrera's quote absolutely defines how I view personal style. Everyone can be a part of fashion, but if you can't put it together in a way that represents you, then it's just a bunch of clothes. 

I know I don't fit in with fashion blogger norms - and fought for years with myself about weather I should change who I am and what I do on House Of Jeffers to give myself better opportunities like other bloggers.

In the end, I said screw it. I actually like being different from the crowd. It's the way I put my style together that makes me, me. And this quote reminds me to stay true to what I feel.


For more photo inspiration behind Color Me Unique, check out my Pinterest board!


No comments: