photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

3 Chic ways to display your jewelry

My jewelry collection has grown significantly since I started looking at my purchases as investments. And pretty investments they are.

While I have traditional jewelry boxes that keep my baubles for save keeping, I found I was forgetting about treasured pieces because they were hidden away. Sure, they kept them where I could find them, but from a home decorating standpoint, they weren't anything to look at.

I wanted fun ways to be able to display my jewelry so I could enjoy them... even when I wasn't wearing my bracelets and arm parties.

Here's some ideas on how you can decorate your boudoir with functional and stylish jewelry box options.

1. Glass containers


You know those funky specimen jars and glass pedestal candy jars? I found this one at Home Goods for $7. I'm convinced Home Goods is the mecca of quick and cheap home decor. Flea markets are also a great place to find vintage glass jars to use for storing jewelry. This way, I can see my jewelry, and it also acts as an accent piece in my bedroom.


2. Unconventional Household Items


I've found using tablecloth place mats is a quick way to bring color into a room, and protect your furniture. Here, I went with a striped velvet place mat on top of my dresser. And for a ring holder, I use this charming ceramic egg crate from Anthropologie. I love the idea of using non-traditional storage items to hold my keepsakes. 

If you can't find this one, save an actual cardboard egg carton, and paint it!

3. The Art of Deception


Sure, it looks like a book. And what's inside could be considered works of art... 

I used to think Ikea was the only place that used faux books as storage... until I came across this wooden King Henry VII box at ... where else? Home Goods! Since I'm obsessed with all things British, I knew I had to buy this book, um, box!

Storage books are a fast and easy way to keep your jewelry organized. I think it adds a little intellectual charm to my bedroom, and keeps the clutter of jewelry boxes out of the way, too!

No comments: