photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

House Of Jeffers Turns 2!

Without sounding like a total narcissist, I am so proud I've continued to keep this House Of Jeffers going. So many people start blogs and they often fall off after a couple of months. But even through times when I couldn't be bothered to sit at the computer, and upload photos, or write a post because of life's other commitments, I've seen it through.



Having a blog is also a commitment. Throughout 2012 year, much has changed for me. I moved, found a new job, dealt with life troubles at times... But my blog has always been something that's constant and consistent in my life. It's the one thing that during times when I felt I had no control over things, I knew no one could take away my blog.

I'm a writer - it's what I do. When I created this blog, I wanted a place to be able to share my writing, and join others in the pursuit of defining their personal style - all while doing it in a way that wasn't so stereotypical of New Jersey. Because let's face it: You know and I know that New Jersey isn't known as a place where fashionable people live.

I wanted to show that hipsters can live in the suburbs...




I've always been the kind of person who didn't have cookie cutter friends, and my interests were unique to the people I surrounded myself with. Don't get me wrong - I don't think I'm the bomb, and I certainly don't think I'm breaking any molds here. But I think that my eye for the "different" has always drawn me to more eclectic things, and I try to translate that in my clothes.

I value uniqueness and individuality more than I value anything else when it comes to fashion. I don't want to be like everyone else... even though, I'm gunna own it: Having a blog is JUST like the 900 other bloggers out there. But being yourself and not doing things for the approval of others is 100% the way to go. Some people might not like it - and they don't have to. And it's okay.


My blog is more than just a blog to me. It's a place that I can take my spot on the proverbial soapbox (if you will) and share my random thoughts on fashion... and talk about how much I hate it when my bangs separate in the heat (uh, I still hate that). Where I don't have to be afraid to be a little eccentric, because being different doesn't always make you weird

House Of Jeffers has grown beyond anything I ever thought this blog could be. And the most surprising thing of all? People, just like YOU, support this blog! I am so appreciative of ALL of you who take time out of your day to read my posts, comment, look at my photos, follow me on Twitter, email me.... It means so much to me. And I'm so unbelievably blessed to work with all of the amazing brands that think enough of me to want to work with me.




As long as my bangs are blunt, my nails are manicured, and people still make clothes - I'll be here, and hopefully, you'll come along for the ride! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummmm- I think you're the BOMB! Happy Birthday to House Of Jeffers! xo
Suma