photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Purple in Princeton

Yes, people. No need to adjust your monitors.

I, Jen, of House Of Jeffers... am wearing brown.

My motto for brown as it relates to my style was "I don't wear brown. I got enough of it going on my head. No need to add more of it." But, I can admit that I'm now eating my words and have a whole new perspective on this shade.

When I spotted this dress, the purple flowers is what sold me on it. But I was admittedly on the fence about the brown leaves in the print.

We all know how it ended... and now, I'm all about this dress. Worn it at least 3 times already, including on a day trip to Princeton for my husband's soccer game a weekend ago. I'm standing in front of Nassau Hall... 


Outfit Details:
Purple Cardigan - Express
Purple Floral Print Dress - Marshalls
Black Tights - Target
Black Patent Leather Flats - Target
Globetrotter Handbag - c/o Just Fab (via LuckyFABB)
Gold Disc Necklace - c/o South Moon Under
Talulah Checkerboard Faceted Disc Earrings - c/o Kara Ackerman (via LuckyFABB)


I also finally broke out my new bag, which I got through Just Fab.com. Love the texture of the leather... It's definitely a contender for which bag I'm going to bring to England.


My photos don't do the town justice... but Princeton is just one of those places that always looks beautiful round year. It's got major history, adorable shops on Nassau Street, great food and is where one of my favorite bands, Saves The Day, formed.

I love spending time there as it's just so laid back and sorta touristy. I'm a big fan of touristy type places, but without acting like a tourist... Even though I had my camera with me. And took photos in front of things.

Not touristy at all, right?









No comments: