photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, October 8, 2012

Chilly Chic

I do this thing every year... where the weather turns cold, and I feel like I have to go shopping because I have a momentary lapse of judgement and feel as though I hate my clothes... when it's really the in between weather I despise.

Outfit Details:
High Waist Pencil Skirt - Lulus.com (similar skirt here)
Black Ankle Booties - Zara (similar shoes here)
Rhinestone Bib Necklace - Charlotte Russe (similar necklace here)

Arm Party details:
Pink& Gold Chain Link Bangles (came as a set) - Forever 21
Gold Brass Bangle - J.Crew
Black Rhinestone Bangle - C. Wonder


I'm gunna be honest: I hate being cold, and I'm constantly freezing. While I love wearing skirts, I really have to force myself to do so when October hits. The day I took these photos it wasn't too bad. Shivering and teeth chattering is NOT a good look, and I suffer from both in the fall and winter months. 

When I put this outfit together, I had two ideas in mind: First, that I wear something that keeps me warm - a la the longer pencil skirt and this pink striped crewneck Tippi sweater which is my very first J. Crew clothing purchase. And second - that it fits my fall wardrobe criteria of being colorful, but functional.


If I'm gunna be cold, as least I can try to look cool doing so. Freezing is the new black.... or something of the sort.

No comments: