photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, January 21, 2013

One Can Dream



So, let's talk about how this tweet from Lucky Magazine made my Sunday... and year pretty much.

It all started when they created an app that lets grown-ass women like me create your own 15 minutes of fame a la an app where you put yourself on the cover of their magazine. Don't act like you haven't thought about it. What ensues next was me sitting on my iMac on Saturday afternoon, obsessing finding a photo to upload.

I make my decision, upload my photo and BAM - my very own Lucky Magazine cover. My mother would be proud... I hope.

House Of Jeffers.com

Sunday arrives. I check my House Of Jeffers Twitter page, and see I have a tweet waiting for me. From Lucky Magazine... "ummmm @houseofjeffers is killing it" it reads.

I lose my s%#.

I am so completely flattered and just wowed that Lucky Magazine enjoyed my photo, and then took the time to share it with their plethora of followers. Sometimes, it's the little things that mean the most, and in this case, I appreciate the compliment so very much.

HUGE love and hipster hugs to Lucky Magazine for making my day. As a blogger, we all strive to make a dent in the blogging world... And even though all I did was upload my photo to their app, it just feels really good to have a magazine that I absolutely respect for their commitment for giving so many bloggers a voice... share some of it with me.

Pass the Kleenex, for reals.