photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Morning Jacket

Outwear for women can be a dirty, seven-letter word. Since winter is the least favorite of seasons for me, I dread wearing coats. They cramp my style, and cover up my outfits, and sometimes, jacket and coat options can be straight up ugly... What fun is that?

Outfit Details:
Double-Breasted Coat - Guess / Striped Long Sleeve Tee - Forever 21 / LC by Lauren Conrad Pants - Kohls / Tasha Bib Necklace - Nordstrom / Vanessa Mooney Labyrinth Ring / Black Leather Ankle Booties - Modcloth.com/ Knit Pom Pom Hat - Forever 21


That's why I take extra care to invest in a jacket that is first warm, and second, stylish. I've been wearing this double-breasted coat by Guess all year. Double-breasted coats are my absolute favorite since they have military appeal, yet, when worn with dresses or skinny pants, they provide a touch of sophistication. 

Plus, buttons make the coat. If you don't like the ones the coat comes with, take it to tailor and replace em - it's typically cheap to do so.

My apologies in advance to those who adore puffer jackets, but the only time it's acceptable to look like a Storm Trooper is if you're in the alps, or during Halloween as an impromtu costume.



As my first outfit post of 2013, I get to show off some of my Christmas presents I received! The top is new, as well as my pink bib statement necklace by Tasha that is all types of amazing, and my Vanessa Mooney Labyrinth ring! 

Plus, with a new year comes the dawn of new ideas for this here blog...

Hence, I'm asking you, the readers, to please feel free to send me topics you'd like to read about on HOJ. If you have questions about fashion tips and how-tos, style ideas, want to know what I think about dickies - hit me up at houseofjeffers@gmail.com! I'd love to hear from you! 

No comments: