photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, January 11, 2013

Wardrobe Misfits: Croquis

I have to admit that at times, I can be an impulse shopper. Last year, I absolutely did my fair share of damage buying clothes I wasn't 100% in love with - it was more of the "idea" of being able to turn something into an outfit. And as a result, some of these clothes are sitting in my closet collecting dust, or, were donated in my latest wardrobe clean out.

I can't shop so much for House Of Jeffers.... like I did at times.

Have any of you ever done that? Bought something on a whim because you could imagine yourself taking outfit photos in it for your blog, or thought you could work it into your closet somehow? Sure, you liked the piece, but you could have lived without it. I'm guilty of it, and this year, I won't be doing it. To say I have a little pang of guilt about it would be true... but, you live and learn.

However, I have clothes in my wardrobe that I can't return, and still want to hold on to. This led me to think about those nifty fashion sketches....

Enter the croquis = the fancy way of saying "those adorable fashion figure drawings".


Drawing Fashion Croquis Sketches
Instead of standing in front of your closet, pulling out clothes, and looking in the mirror frustrated at changing yet again in the pursuit of stylish outfits, try drawing it out with a croqui. Can't sketch a stick figure to save your life (me neither)? You can find croquis templates online.

Drawing croquis has helped me like whoa. It let's me be creative, saves time picking up after myself and allows me to visualize a look in a new way. Plus, you can save the ones you like and frame em up as fashion art after you're done!


No comments: