photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Denim Days


how to style high waisted shorts
handful of rings
house of jeffers fashion blog nj

High-waisted shorts are letting me channel my inner Daisy Duke this summer. With temperatures in the 90s, you won't catch me wearing long pants any time soon. However, either I should be doing the hustle or maybe in this outfit, hitting the boardwalk at the Jersey shore. Either way, let's dish on why high-waisted shorts should be in your summer wardrobe.

wet seal coupon
almost famous jeans wet seal
summer shorts | house of jeffers

First, who isn't a fan of making their waistline appear smaller? High waist pants give the illusion of having a smaller waist due to their masking capabilities.

Second, they have a 70s feel to em - love the nod to bell bottoms I get with a high waisted jean.

And third - high waisted shorts look effortless paired with a button up or simple, basic t-shirt tucked in. Plus, since crop tops are HUGE this season, high waisted shorts can hit right at the belly bottom, essentially where a lot of crop tops hit as well, so you don't have to show too much of your stomach if you don't want to.

Everybody wins!


what to wear with high waisted shorts

If you're anything like me, you were out this weekend enjoying the first official weekend of the summer! That means lounging outside, and letting it burn like Usher. You can't see it that well in my photos, but I definitely have a slow burn going on on my back and arms. Beauty is pain, I guess.




Outfit Details
Plaid Tie-Front Top - c/o Wet Seal Wet Seal Almost Famous Flower Print High Rise Short - c/o Wet SealKelly & Katie Cuff Sandal with Metallic Accents - DSW / Leather Belt Cuff - (old) / Turquoise Ring - gift from my parents / Peace Sign Ring - old / Leather Satchel - Zara / Round Frame Sunglasses - Urban Outfitters

No comments: